A place to come and chat about news, media, music, videos and post writings for all upcoming novelists.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What is wrong with Sam?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: What is wrong with Sam?   Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:42 am

A vampire infestation takes a turn for the worse when Dean is turned. As Samuel works to turn him back we learn more about the mysterious alpha vampire, and disturbing new questions are raised about Sam.

“Live Free Or Twihard” was not what I was expecting. Seeing the title when I fired up my DVR to watch the show, I was guessing this was going to be another big comedy episode. Twilight, and the rest of the current vampire properties, are certainly an easy target for some ribbing. And we did get a bit of that, but this was ultimately a much more serious episode that has big ramifications coming as the season moves forward.

There’s really not a lot to say about the case of the week. We’ve seen the vampire bar, and the vampire sub-culture, done on a host of different shows over the past few years. The boys found a nest, and destroyed it. Yay team. The real fun comes from two big reveals that were part of the case.

First, the alpha vampire is building an army. The plan (to use cute boy vampires to recruit cute girl vampires to recruit cute boy vampires, etc.) is pretty brilliant, and awfully frightening. I’m more interested, however, in how this vampire army fits in with what we already know about the coming war. It would seem that alpha vamp (who really needs an actual name) is set to be another major player. Balthazar with his holy weapons, someone else with an army of monsters, and a vampire army.

It’s all very cool, with loads of potential, but still somewhat dwarfed by one curious look from Sam. That bit of the episode was very well done. On the first pass, when Sam paused while watching Dean be attacked, despite having just killed a vampire with no trouble at all, was very strange. It set a mood and the rest of the episode was full of tension as we waited for the other shoe to drop.

Samuel’s accusation about Sam letting Dean be turned heightened the suspicion. And then the big reveal in Dean’s flashback, that Dean actually knows Sam let him be turned, spun the whole thing on its ear. It made that last scene between the two of them very creepy. Dark Sam was one thing, but this new Sam is gaining almost a sinister air about him. His story promises to be very intriguing.

So, we have to guess just what the deal is. First, is this actually Sam? Is he really back, just changed in some way? Broken to the point that he’s singularly focused on this one goal, at the peril of others, even Dean? Or maybe, like Samuel, it is Sam but he’s working for whoever brought him back for reasons we are yet to learn? Is it really Sam, but possessed? Or, is this not Sam at all, an impostor? There are so many ways it could go. I like the idea of it really being Sam, with motivations we don’t understand. However it works out, the whole thing does have season six cruising along very well.

What do we think is wrong with Sam??

http://cliqueclack.com/tv/2010/10/23/supernatural-what-is-wrong-with-sammy/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fictions.twilight-vampire.com

What is wrong with Sam?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1